Friday, April 13, 2018

Needlepoint Projects in Progress

It seems that I like working on needlepoint canvases, but I'm not so keen on finishing the canvas by sewing it into a pillow.  Right now I've got two finished needlepoint canvases and started working on a third.  I've got pillows waiting to be covered, I've picked out matching fabrics and lace, but can't seem to get a big enough block of time to actually sew the finished product together.  I know what to do.  I've done it half a dozen times before.  I just seem to be suffering from a little sewer's block when it comes to these projects.  Here are some photos of what I've got so far...



One of my biggest challenges with needlepoint as of late is my eyesight.  When I complete all the sections of needlepoint, I start noticing stitches I skipped that reveal raw canvas, and I have to go back and do one stitch here, another stitch there...  It's very time consuming.  I got tired of tucking in heads and tails, so I ended up just stretching the yarn long distances across the back of the canvas to get from one missing stitch to another.  Very unprofessional of me, but who cares?  It's going to be hidden inside the pillow, right?  These are just for me.  I'm not planning on entering any contests, so all is good.

Oh, and I've got an appointment scheduled with a new optometrist next month.  Hopefully, they'll be better than my current dentist who called me in today to fill some cavities, and then told me to go home because I didn't have any.  There was a miscommunication between the dentist and the assistant and hygienist.  And before that I had requested a female hygienist, and someone switched me to a male hygienist at the last minute without my permission, so I had to pitch a fit to get the one I requested.  They also called me while I was sleeping early in the morning to try to move my appointment up earlier in the morning when I had specifically told them the only time I was available was in the mid-afternoon.  The list goes on and on with those people, so I'll be switching dentists soon too.

No comments: