Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Another Summer Tote

I made this one for my sister-in-law after she said that her favorite colors are orange and yellow.

I was short on orange and yellow fabrics.  I wanted to keep the print images small, so I picked this darker fabric with little specs on it for the pocket, but it kind of eclipsed the tote, so I added the stripes to match the straps.  It makes the tote look a bit sporty, which wasn't my intention, but does brighten up the front.  A while back my husband offered to get me an embroidery machine, and I thanked him, but said no because I didn't have the room for one.  This is a case where putting embroidery on the front pocket would have looked nice.  Oh well.


This is the first time I did not follow the directions on how to position the magnetic snap tabs.  The instructions have you set it up so that the tabs hang down while connected.  I wanted to see how it would work out if I overlapped them.  Turns out it worked out just fine.

I love this fabric.  I can't believe I had it just sitting around in my stash all these years.

No comments: