Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Blue Butterflies and Roses Tote

This blue butterflies and roses tote was my first tote I plan to sell.  I wanted to use the same pattern I used last since it was fresh on my mind.  I didn't have to read the instructions a dozen times before each step, because I remembered them.

The butterflies actually have silver glitter around their wings, and the purple fabric has gold print, so this tote sparkles.

I pre-washed the fabrics, and amazingly the glitter did not wash out, so I know this is a good quality fabric.  I wanted to use a white zipper, but ran out.  I have six more white zippers on order, but in today's pandemic economy, they can take weeks to get here.

I felt it was time to up the ante by including some interior pockets.  Next time I'll make them deeper.  You can barely see them in this shot because the bottom piece popped up in front of them.  It's summer here, so the sun blinds me and I can't see what I'm photographing.  It's too hot for me to want to do a retake.


Time to move on to making the next bag.  When I have enough of them, I'll open a little online shop.

No comments: