Monday, April 10, 2017

Cross Stitch Bookmark

I found this cross stitch bookmark that came with the canvas and instructions in my stash.  I thought it would give me something to do with my hands while watching TV during our down time in the evenings.  For the letters I used a metallic thread that was difficult to work with.  It kept fraying and breaking, but I had enough of it to complete the project.  I chose not to outline anything, because I liked it the way it was at this phase and didn't want to add in long stitches that could get snagged on book pages.

I have a lot of leftover thread from old cross stitch and needlepoint projects.  I also created a stash of thread several years ago when you could buy a skein of DMC floss for just a few cents.  It was better than candy and lasts a lot longer.  I've been trying to find needlework projects to do that will allow me to use all that thread.  This was one of those projects.  I also bought some blank cross stitch and blank needlepoint canvas and have been printing out free designs from the Internet.

No comments: