Monday, August 21, 2017

This is Why I'll Never Be a Fashion Designer

Ha ha ha!  Fortunately, it hasn't been sewn yet -- just pinned.  The other good news is that I have learned never to sew until I look at the big picture and try it on.  Ripping out seams is a major hassle.  Although, pinning that seam wasn't easy either.  I was trying to get the pleating even all the way around, so it took me half an hour to pin it.  I actually did a decent job making it even the first time, but because I was so focused on that, I pinned the inside of the top to the outside of the skirt, and now I have to take out all the pins and start over.  Waaaaaah!

1 comment:

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

I finally finished the top, and let's just say that I need to take a class on fitting. The top above the waist was three sizes too big while the waist was too tight and the skirt so long that it hung to the knees. I suppose it could be worn as a dress by someone with broad shoulders, large breasts, and a tiny waist, but it's unwearable for me.