Saturday, January 5, 2008

Chicken Prints


"Chicken Prints" was a set of place mats constructed from Moda's "All Cooped Up" fabrics. One side is a motif of chickens surrounded by chicken footprints. The other side is a motif of chicken coop wire surrounded by chicken footprints. The colors are primarily off-white, black and burgundy. I used a chicken coop wire motif for the quilt stitches. This was a gift for my mother's 72nd birthday, and it took two days to make; completed in August of 2005. I used temporary basting glue to help keep the seams of the binding turned under as I pinned it.

4 comments:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Oooh, oooh, oooh!! I love, love love these fabrics and what you did with them. This just tickled me to no end.

I bet your Mom just loved them so much!

Gosh, girl. You ARE good!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

frazzlefrenzy.blogspot.com; You saved my day again.