Saturday, January 5, 2008

Fuzzy Rag


"Fuzzy Rag" was my sixth quilt, started in December of 2001 and completed in January 2002. It was pieced together in squares from flannel fabrics that were given to me as a gift from my husband on our 13th wedding anniversary. (Fabric is always a great gift for quilters on any occasion.) This quilt was modeled after several rag throws I spotted hanging in various fabric shops. It was stitched with wrong sides together, and the seams became the fuzzy part by cutting them into tassels and washing. The flannel fabrics display a fall theme with fall colors and leaf motifs. This lap quilt is just as warm as double-layered quilts with batting, only without the bulk. If you want a fast project, this is the way to go.

1 comment:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I like this. The fall theme is classy with rich colors and cozy textures.
Just lovely!