Saturday, January 5, 2008

World Without End

"World Without End" was my tenth quilt, created on impulse after being inspired by the "World Without End" pattern found in "The Big Book of Quilting" by Cassia B. Farkas. I had been wanting to construct a "Storm at Sea" pattern, which is very complicated, and the "World Without End" pattern looked like a good stepping stone toward "Storm at Sea." For coloring, I chose light and dark greens alternating with light and dark purples. Much white was used for the lighter pieces to assure definite contrast. Many different pictures can be seen within the rotating patterns including stars, fish and spaceships. The backing is dark purple and was folded over to be used as binding around the edges. The quilt turned out to be about the size needed for a twin bed. I believe I began constructing it while between jobs in 2003 or 2004 and finished it while between jobs in August of 2005.

No comments: